You probably know that a licensed and professional chiropractor uses manual joint manipulation in combination with special instruments to help you align your body.
We are talking about joint or spinal manipulation, a standard procedure you will get after visiting a chiropractor.
You should know they can treat numerous conditions that affect your musculoskeletal and nervous systems.
It is important to enter here, which will help you understand more about chiropractic care.
Therefore, a treatment can help you with muscle, neck, low back, and joint pain, as well as headache.
What Should You Expect from a Chiropractor?
A chiropractor is a licensed and specialized medical professional who can treat bone, joint, and muscle pain. They are perfect for complementing regular treatments and preventing invasive procedures and medication consumption.
It is straightforward to understand everything you can expect from them. Similarly, as mentioned above, if you have issues with the musculoskeletal system, you can rest assured because a chiropractor can provide you with the perfect treatment.
Keep in mind they will not prescribe you medications, so they are using other means to help people. Instead, they will prescribe you:
- Soft-Tissue Therapy – This treatment is perfect for releasing tension in connective tissue that surrounds each muscle, relieving spasms, and relaxing the tightness you are experiencing.
- Adjustments – A chiropractor will help you realign joints, which will ultimately boost your range of motion.
- Joint Taping/Bracing – It is an effective way to ensure your sprained muscles or joints will heal as they should.
- Stretches and Exercises – If you wish to maintain and restore your extremities and joints’ range of motion and mobility, you should deal with stretching and exercising.
It is vital to remember treatments will not hurt. Still, you may feel sore afterward, which is similar to after a heavy exercise. It is a common side effect that will last until your muscles align, which means the next couple of days, depending on the problem you had.
Chiropractors can treat painful issues within your body, including shoulders, jaws, head, wrists, elbows, pelvis, hips, ankles, and knees. They will examine your musculoskeletal health, highlighting the root of your issues.
At the same time, the examination will ensure your joints are moving correctly while the surrounding muscles are functioning too.
Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-jVyAY0WcA to learn more about spinal adjustments before you make up your mind.
They can treat issues in people of all ages, which is another crucial consideration to remember. Of course, everything depends on the intensity of each treatment intensity in combination with the problem someone experiences.
However, elderly patients have softer and thinner bones than young ones, so they cannot receive joint manipulation. At the same time, if a particular procedure is risky for a patient, a chiropractor will guide you to find someone who can help you.
Things You Should Expect from an Adjustment
Chiropractic care will include screening and checking out your medical history during an initial visit. At the same time, they will conduct a physical exam and diagnostic tests such as:
- X-Rays – They will use the levels of electromagnetic radiation with an idea to visualize internal structures, which is an important consideration to remember.
- CT or Computed Tomography Scan – It uses similar technology as for X-rays. Still, you will get a detailed picture of bodily structure.
- MRI or Magnetic Resonance Imaging Scan is the most detailed option you can choose for diagnostic. It uses strong magnetic fields and radio waves with an idea to generate body images.
Everything depends on your symptoms, diagnostics, and exams. Still, a chiropractor will review a treatment plan to meet your needs and requirements.
They may use small instruments and hands to apply a controlled and fast force to your joints. Apart from chiropractic treatment, they may recommend you other lifestyle changes and treatments such as:
- General health, weight, diet, and nutrition advice
- Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulators and different ways for muscle stimulation by using electric energy.
- Heat and icing therapy
- Stretches and exercises
- Muscle relaxations and reduced stress
As you can see from everything mentioned above, by choosing the best Virginia Beach chiropractor, you will receive a back, neck, or muscle treatment without invasive procedures.
That way, you can prevent the consumption of addictive medications, which may lead to horrific side effects. Instead, you can ensure your body heals itself, which is an important consideration to remember.